Facility Design and Planning
Factory Layout Consultants
The basis of any facility design is rooted in the principles of lean manufacturing. Campbell Corporation’s extensive experience provides the qualifications of our expert factory layout consultants on developing preliminary design and specifications for manufacturing facilities. Upon establishment of size requirements, we design a specific building configuration and prepare a preliminary scope of work. We identify all aspects of the building, including lighting, floor loads, clearances, entrances, flow patterns, process gas requirements and environmental requirements unique to your operations.
Based upon the facility’s plans, space programming analysis and defined operational flexibility, Campbell Corporation develops a schematic concept design to properly define the project at hand.
The process flow drawing delineates all production and warehousing equipment. Campbell Corp's project management firm defines the state of workflow by utilizing lean manufacturing and operational flexibility principals. We develop a high level process flow map for each product family, outlining future efficiencies. Process flow provides businesses with a substantial order in protocols.
By understanding our client’s future objectives, we can evaluate whether there is a cost reduction component, a capacity component or a quality component. We design facilities ensuring our customers become a vast competitor within their industry. Campbell Corporation utilizes Lean and Six Sigma methodologies which are Best In-Class. Such methodologies include but are not limited to:
- Value Stream Mapping – Flow chart which identifies value and non-value added activities within your operation.
- Balanced Production – Improving productivity by providing optimal balance through various manufacturing areas.
- Changeover – Process from converting a production line from one product to another.
- Manufacturing Time Definition – (Auto workshop and Line Assemblies) Production lead time.
- Line Capacity Analysis – Planning production line capacity to increase volume and timeliness.
- Production Control Systems and Andon – System to notify management, maintenance and other workers of a quality or process problem. This system provides an efficient and reliable production flow.
- Single-Piece Flow and Work-in Process Management – Eliminates waste through incremental improvement.
- Reception and Warehouse process Architecture – Data warehouse implementations ensuring improved inventory processes.
- Constant Daily Output and Leveling Production – Provides systemically controlled productivity and a steady production flow to improve on-time delivery and efficiency.
- Inventory Management and Kanban – System to control the logistics of the inventory.
Building Schematic Design
The building schematic design is based on the manufacturing goals and requirements of the facility, including comprehensive plans, designs and specifications. The manufacturing process and owner requirements are then transmitted to the design architect, structural engineer, HVAC engineer, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, etc. Campbell Corporation considers all design impacts, material handling requirements, raw material and WIP storage requirements, production equipment structural and mechanical requirements, code considerations, client branding, building component and systems design, etc.
Production and Logistic Equipment Layout
The production and logistic equipment layout depicts all production and warehousing equipment in addition to racking, which helps define building size, process flow and operational flexibility.
Office and Support Area Design
Campbell Corporation conducts space planning principles and processes to integrate maximum efficiency and superior functionality. Our office area design work utilizes adjacency studies to promote effective collaboration amongst the work space. With every facility design project, Campbell Corporation’s Lean engineering team develops an understanding of the client’s strategic plan.
Campbell Corporation’s complete and thorough assessment of your company’s capabilities and limitations are reviewed in detail. We develop a value added, high-impact plan to elevate operations within your industry. With a complete understanding of your business and customer needs, along with your input, Campbell Corp will significantly raise your profit margin while your customers benefit from substantial productivity, functionality and an overall increase in quality.
We plan, we develop, you succeed.®